Each state can have its own rules to facilitate implementation of RTI Act. Given below is the so called Form A according to the Karnataka Right to Information Rules, 2005.
Rule 4 talks about the Form A but it is ok to follow another format of RTI application as long it has the relevant information:
4. Fee.- (1) Any person desirous of obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 of the Act shall make an application in Form-A or in any other format as far as possible containing the particulars specified under the format to the State Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer as the case may be along with an initial fee of Rs. 10 with his application. Every officer receiving request under the Act shall give an acknowledgement.
APPLICATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
FORM-A (section 6(1) and 7(1) of the RTI Act, 2005)
1. Full Name of the Applicant:
3. Details of the document/ Inspection/ Samples required:
4. Year to which the above pertains:
5. Designation and Address of the SPIO from whom information is required:
Date: Signature of Applicant
Encl: DD/PO/IPO No. _____________ for Rs.10/- fvg State Public Information Officer.
Following is the same template along with information on how to frame questions etc.