APPLICATION UNDER THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
FORM-A (section 6(1) and 7(1) of the RTI Act, 2005)
To: <PIO designation, address>
1. Full Name of the Applicant:
3. Details of the document/ Inspection/ Samples required:
i. Try to keep it short.
ii. Application should preferably ask information about one subject matter, ask separate category of information in separate RTIs. This helps to track your RTI applications better.
iii. Do not frame questions like “Why xxx is not done”…It will be rejected as this is not information as defined under RTI act.
iv. Questions can be framed like “How much is the budget …”, “When xxx is planned to be done”, “When xxx will be done”, “Give name, designation of officer responsible for xxx”, “Give the details of steps taken on xxx”.
v. You do not need to give reasons for asking the information.
4. Method of supply of information: Speed/registered post.
5. Details of Enclosures if any:
Encl 1: IPO No. ________________ for Rs.10/- is enclosed with the application in favour of
Date: Signature of Applicant
Copy and paste relevant points from below if applicable in your case. For most applications, these are not required.
Does this application concern the life and liberty of a person – Yes.
(In this case, you can get response within 48 hours instead of normal 30 days)
Is the applicant below poverty line – Yes.
(if Yes, you do not need to pay any fees for RTI application or at any stage of RTI process)
These points can be optionally added at end of RTI application. Presumably, the PIO will take your application more seriously if these are mentioned, but that is just a guess so far.
1. Where the no. of pages exceeds 20, please scan them and provide them on a CD.
2. Provide information to each point separately. No clubbing of points should be done even if information is repeated.
3. Section 7(9) cannot be used to refuse information. It only means that PIO can provide information in the available format if the requested format disproportionately diverts resources of the Public Authority.
4. It is submitted that the above information sought does not fall within the exemptions U/S 8 of RTI Act, 2005 and to the best of my knowledge it pertains to your esteemed office in your statutory capacity as PIO u/s 5 (1) of RTI Act read with 5(4) and 5(5) of the RTI Act, 2005 and the provision of penalty is applicable @Rs.250/- per day on CPIO under section 20(1) of RTI Act by not providing information within 30 days